Thursday 7 April 2011

Marilyn Monroe



So, I have been looking at photograph's of Marilyn Monroe for my photography work. I found these really gorgeous, natural images of her and I just LOVE them!
It shows such a different side to Marilyn, away from Hollywood and all the glamour.

I found this comment on the photograph of Marilyn and the flower. It's so true.

The beauty of the art of photography is that she appears to be lost in nostalgia, as if she could remember what it was like to be a little girl. A simpler time, when there were no affairs with Presidents, no jumping out of cakes, no flashes of lights and big posters.

Perhaps she remembers a time when a single flower would have been enough to make her smile, but now, it only has the power to make her remember a time that's been lost.

So I know this is very random, but I thought you may like these photographs.
Also, I love Marilyn and wish celebrities/people could still be like her! Glamorous, classy, beautiful inside and out.
We didn't know much about her which I think created a more interesting atmosphere around her with was very intriguing. 

2 comments: